Welcome to Travis: Unveiling Your Ideal Home
With its cozy ambiance, community spirit, and convenient amenities, Travis presents a delightful opportunity for potential home buyers seeking a well-rounded and comfortable lifestyle. Join us as we embark on a journey to discover the unique charm and allure that Travis has to offer.
Travis, Staten Island Schools
For families, Travis offers access to several esteemed schools, including:
- PS 26 The Carteret School: A well-regarded public elementary school known for its dedicated teachers and strong academic programs.
- St. John’s Lutheran School: A private school that combines faith-based education with academic rigor, fostering well-rounded students.
- Port Richmond High School: A notable public high school offering various educational tracks and extracurricular opportunities.
Travis, Staten Island Recreation and Activities
Travis is home to a variety of activities that cater to different interests:
- Travis 4th of July Parade: An annual tradition dating back over a century, this vibrant parade is one of the oldest Independence Day celebrations in the United States.
- Freshkills Park: Explore the rejuvenated Fresh Kills Landfill site, now a vast park offering scenic trails, birdwatching, and recreational spaces.
- NYC Axe Throwing: Test your skills and blow off some steam at this unique axe-throwing venue, perfect for group outings and friendly competitions.
Dining in Travis, Staten Island
Travis’s culinary scene is small but diverse, with several standout restaurants:
- Daddy O’s BBQ and Sports Bar: Satisfy your barbecue cravings with delicious ribs, pulled pork, and a variety of craft beers in a laid-back setting.
- Country Donuts: A beloved local bakery offering fresh, mouth watering donuts in a range of flavors, perfect for a morning treat.
- Killmeyer’s Old Bavaria Inn: Experience authentic German cuisine and a welcoming beer garden atmosphere, complete with traditional schnitzel and hearty fare.
Travis, Staten Island Transportation
Getting around Travis is convenient with accessible public transportation options:
- S62, S92 Buses: These bus routes connect Travis to other parts of Staten Island, providing convenient access to shopping centers and the Staten Island Ferry.
- Staten Island Railway (SIR): The nearby Richmond Valley station on the SIR offers a direct route to the St. George Ferry Terminal, providing easy access to Manhattan.
Travis is a neighborhood that offers a unique blend of tradition and modern living. With excellent schools, distinctive local activities, a diverse dining scene, and efficient public transportation, Travis has much to offer potential homebuyers seeking a comfortable and vibrant lifestyle. If Travis has sparked your interest, contact SI Premiere Properties today to explore available housing options.
Contact An Agent Today!